Exam preparation tips for students that will help them to complete syllabus in a short time.
The exam is knocking at the door and in the nick time, you suddenly realize that a vast syllabus is left for you to cover. No need to panic then. These are some quick tips to cover up your vast syllabus in short span-
- Divide your study period in 2 hours each. Take a break of 15-20 minutes after every 2 hours of long studying.
- When taking a break from studying keep your mind free from any exam-related thoughts and stress. Else the next round of studying will not be much effective.
- Classify the topics into core and elaborate material. Core materials consist of principles, theorems, formulae, graphs while elaborate material consists of examples, quotes, illustrations, etc.
Concentrate more on the core material of the subjects as most of the questions come from this section.
- Divide your subjects into three categories-
a) Memory dependent subjects History and Political Science, Biology which contains a lot of material that needs to be memorized. b) Problem-solving subjects- These subjects include Maths, Economics, and Physics. C) Interpretation based subjects including English Literature and other language-based literature papers.
5) Make notes- Make brief points of what you are understanding after studying every topic.
Follow SQ5R and Cornell method while note-making-
a) SQ5R is short for Survey, Questions, Read, Record, Recite, Review and Reflect.
Survey: Skim through the textbook and mark important areas. Don’t take more than 7-10 minutes
Question: In your textbook, turn the headings and subheadings into questions that could be asked in the exam. Jot down possible questions at the side of important portions of text
Read, Record, Recite: Go through the text again and record important points in your own words separately. Put them in bullets or boxes for better visual representation. Recite the points you noted to yourself
Review: Ask yourself the questions you noted and see if you can answer them properly
Reflect: Repeat the above steps and reflect on the topic you learned till it’s completely memorized.
b) Cornell Notes is an effective three-column configuration of taking notes which makes memorizing and recalling information much easier. When revising, one can easily cover the right column and try to answer the questions on the left.
6) School apps like Vawsum help students to prepare for exams in no time: curated educational videos to help them grasp topics, study materials and more.
7) Write down dates, formulae, mnemonics and every other important information which are difficult to learn. Keeping this information in front of the eyes helps to learn them easily.
Visit us at www.vawsum.com