Take advantage of favorable conditions. Let us all go Digital Now!
“Our Youth has surprised the world with its IT Skills. Our ancestors used to play with snakes, we play with a mouse.” – Narendra Modi. In order to transform the entire ecosystem of public services through the use of information technology, the Government of India has launched the Digital India Program with the vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge. India is, indeed, taking giant strides from “developing” to “developed”.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream of a ‘Digital India’ is moving towards its goal of quick pace.“When you think of the exponential speed and scale of expansion of social media or a service, you have to believe that it is equally possible to rapidly transform the lives of those who have long stood on the margins of hope. So, friends out of this conviction were born the vision of Digital India” quoted Narendra Modi.
Today in India, E-governance has taken up the old traditional form of governance, e-mode of education has taken up the old model of studies, e-banking has taken up the traditional methods of banking. In each and every aspect of our life, we see digitization. There cannot be a better time to go digital. The number of internet user have increased at the rate of knots.
Digital India Program has been a catalyst who has increased the rate at which we attain the tag ‘Developed’.“Strike the iron when it’s hot”, we are all acquainted with this idiom but are we seriously doing this?At a time, when the internet is easily accessible and smartphones have become affordable when full India is up for digitization, it’s time that we too take a stride toward it. There cannot be a better time than now.
- The accessibility of internet has increased by about 63% in the last two years.
- The government has launched an aggressive expansion of the National Optical Fiber Network that will take broadband to the 600,000 villages of our country.
- The government is on the go of building I-ways and want to connect all the schools and colleges.
- The government is expanding the supply of public Wi-Fi hot spots. “we want to ensure that free Wi-Fi is not only there in airport lounges, but also on our railway platforms. Teaming up with Google, we will cover 500 railway stations in a short time”, quoted Narendra Modi.
- The government has taken up the initiative to turn all the villages of India into smart economic hubs and connect all the farmers better with markets and makes them less vulnerable to the whims of weather.
As mentioned earlier, with the internet being easily accessible and the smartphones being easily affordable, Digital India Program has set the perfect platform for India to be a digital powerhouse. And the best part is, the government is giving the highest importance to data privacy and security, intellectual rights and cyber security. So, from creating the infrastructure to services, from the manufacture of products to human resource development, from support governments to enabling citizens and promoting digital literacy, Digital India is a vast cyber world of opportunities for each and every individual.
At a time, when the opportunities are high; where we have the talent, enterprise, and skills to succeed; where we are in a perfect partnership with the United States of America, procrastination is not an option.Let today be the day when you remember the lines of Swami Vivekananda, “Arise! Awake! Stop not till your goal is achieved.”, and help India to become Digital because “If not now, then never”. Jai Hind!